Monday, June 18, 2007

Uploading The Wrong Photos + Nothing Better To Do = A Posting About New York

Silly me! It wasn't my intention do a posting about New York (not right now at least), but I accidentally uploaded pictures from the wrong folder. Since they're here, what the heck? I might as well say a little something about them. Last month Pat had to go to New Jersey for work and then to Florida, so instead of him flying all the way home to California in between the two trips, I flew out to meet him in New York City. This was my very first trip to the Big Apple. We stayed with our ever-so-talented friends Jared and Karen in Brooklyn. As we rolled into the Marcy Street Station we were greeted by this busty lady in the background. At first glance you might think we have nothing in common, but turns out we both have taco fever.

Our first day in town we met up with Jen and Bryson (we foolishly took very few pictures during this trip, so you'll have to look at links to see pictures of all our buddies). Jen was a trooper walking all across the city with us for hours on end while 9 months pregnant! They took us to the Met where we saw the Egyptian exhibit.
We also saw the Dance Festival/Parade. Apparently one of my coworkers, Kevin Smith, has a secret that he's been keeping. Who would have thought that he was one of the pioneers of break dancing!?!
Later we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge...
and waited to eat dinner until I could safely shower my food with sodium chloride.

I love salt. I also love this other place we visited. Yum! New York is not a bad place.

No comments: